There are two kinds of permits for traveling in Tibet:
the entry permit (TTB permit) and the Alien's travel permit (PSB
permit). You can get them from us.
TTB Permit - Tibet Entry Permit
When you fly from any city to Lhasa you will need to show this permit
when you check in at the airport. Furthermore, whenever you buy
a flight to Lhasa you need to show this permit. TTB permits are
also needed by groups traveling by Land Cruiser but this will be
arranged by the travel agency organizing the trip. Here is a picture
of TTB permit. ==>
PSB Permit - Alien's Travel Permit
If you want to go further to the "unopened"
areas, you need an Alien's travel permit issued by PSB of Tibet.
It is called "Alien's Travel Permit" or "PSB permit".
Here is a picture of PSB permit :
All kinds of people can get Tibet permit
through a travel agency except diplomats, journalists, and government
officials who should travel to Tibet under the arrangement by the
Foreign Affairs Office of Tibet Government.
Welcome to China, Welcome to Tibet.
Right now, it is a little difficult to apply for the Tibet Entry permit.
We need to let you know the new restriction of permits, then you can do some adjustment about your trip.
* we need to know the exact date to Tibet, and the exact date you depart Tibet. Also from which city enter into Tibet, and when you will leave.
* if you only stay in Lhasa city, you only need Tibet Entry permit, also you can travel by yourself.
* if you want to go other places out side of Lhasa city, please let us know in advance, we will write it down on the Entry permit. Such as Shigatse, Mt.Everest. you need Alien's travel permit(PSB permit), also you have to take a tour guide along with you, as well as vehicle.
* in order to arrange the permit to you, we need the copy of your passport, China visa, as well as the copy of your occupation (if you are student, then just write down student on the copy).
* no tourism agency can sell you permits only.
* any way, we need to make an itinerary first, which is to show you join in the tourism agency, not an individual behavior.
Look for more details about your plan, maybe we can give you some suggestion.
1. Generally it takes three days to get the Tibet permit if you
could supply the full necessary documents. After having a permit,
a travel agency could buy you the air tickets, and you can pass
the check-in at the airport .
2.The following details of the travelers are required for Permit:
name, nationality, passport number, sex, date of birth and occupation.
3.if you do not book any tour(Like Land cruiser with driver ,guide
) from us, we can not help you get the permits. No travel agency
can provide "permit-only" service.
4.Only the guide could hold the permit after you in Tibet. You
are not allowed to bring with it and travel to anywhere you want
because except Lhasa you need another permit named as "Aliens’
Permit". Otherwise if you are stopped by the police you will
be sent out of Tibet or have trouble politically and economically.
Furthermore, the travel agency which helped to get you the permit
will also be in trouble.
5. If you are coming to Lhasa from Kathmandu, you'd better get
China visa from Kathmandu because no matter you've already got the
visa in your country or not, you must get a visa in Kathmandu, which
is regulated in an official memo between China and Nepal.
6. If the Tibet authority refuses to issue the Tibet entry permit because of tourists themselves' reasons, we won't be responsible for it.